August 24, 2007

Two songs in Loins of Punjab Presents

Once again there's no video in this week's Shabana-gaana - instead just a little more on Shabana Azmi's own singing, which I mentioned here a couple of weeks ago.

Mumbai Mirror has a story about Manish Acharya's Loins of Punjab Presents (mentioned previously on SLP here and here) that talks about the two songs Shabana ji sang for the film. She has performed two classic filmi songs - and Manish ji will give no clues as to what they might be, so we'll just have to be patient. (I'm secretly hoping that one of them will be "Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko," but I guess there's really an infinity of possibilities.)

I can't wait to see this - I really can't wait. As I mentioned before, the film is slated to open in India in the second week of September, but I don't know of any U.S. distribution plans yet.

Hat tip to Anamika from the BollyWHAT? forums for the link.

2 comments:

Aung Phyoe said...

I am very excited for this movie.By the way I heard that Sanjay Leela Bansali is palnning a film with Shabanaji and Rekhaji.Do you had any information on this.I just read this in "Wikipedia" .It states that-
"In July 2007 Sanjay Leela Bhansali bought the rights of a book written by Mayank Austen Soofi titled "A Sudden Visit to Pakistan: Heera Mandi The Dream Home of The Whores". The Times of India reports Bhansali is planning to make a film on Lahore's Heera Mandi, starring Rekha and Shabana Azmi."

Filmi Geek said...

Aung, that's the first I've heard of that project. Thanks for the tip - I'll keep an eye out and of course post here if I hear more about it.