August 28, 2007

Loins of Punjab Presents - and Shabana - to open SAIFF

This is great news. The South Asian International Film Festival in New York opens October 3 with a screening of Loins of Punjab Presents as well as the presentation of a Lifetime Achievement Award to Shabana Azmi, who will be in attendance. The SAIFF website has more, including ticket purchase information (tickets go on sale September 1), and Manish at Ultrabrown has more still, with information about related events and appearances.

I said earlier that I hadn't worked hard enough this summer to justify a mid-week trip to Cornell to hear Shabana ji speak today. Attending SAIFF would also require taking a couple days off for mid-week travel. I am going to use it as my motivation to haul a** this next month so I can feel, come the first week of October, that I deserve to be rewarded rather than punished. I hope to see you there.

No comments: