April 9, 2012

Multi-starrer in the works?

News like this is always tenuous - a lot can happen when a movie is still in the early planning stages, and this one may never come to be (or may come to be without Shabana ji).  That said, IBN reports that Nikhil Advani is planning a multi-star masala flick whose cast includes Shabana Azmi, Madhuri Dixit, Dimple Kapadia, Karisma Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Deepika Padukone, and Genelia D'Souza. 

The first three on that list have long been my dream cast for some movie - any movie, really - and for them alone I am excited by this news.  But, who knows how many of these are signed - they could just be the actors Advani has in mind as he works on the script.  

Advani claims it's not a "women-centric" film (I am really starting to despise that term, and if I can organize my thoughts as to why I'll publish something about it on Filmi Geek one of these days).  He says there are just as many male stars, but the article doesn't include any hint of who they might be. 

Stay tuned ...

1 comment:

Ankita said...

it'll be a delight to see Shabana Azmi and Madhuri Dixit together again. *fingers crossed*