August 30, 2011

Eid Mubarak!




"I love Eid. The tradition with Eid is that it's an open house. Friends drop in, we don't invite anyone. The dahiwada and sheer qorma must never run out, that's the challenge for the hostess who has no idea how many guests to prepare the food for."


-- Shabana Azmi (source)

Wow, has it really been more than two years? I have a few too many projects and got spread too thin. Something had to go - more than one thing, actually, but this blog has suffered the worst of all my projects.

I miss it. I still admire Shabana Azmi as much as ever, but I am out of touch with her doings. I haven't been keeping up with the news of her activism or her acting. I can't make any promises - it's unlikely I'll ever be able to devote the level of attention to SLP that I did in its heyday. But I'd like to find a way to have at least a little presence here. Let's see what happens.

And in the meantime, enjoy your Eid celebration, Shabana ji!

2 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Nice to see you posting here again!

Filmi Geek said...

Thanks so much DG, it's good to see you too :)