March 30, 2008

Why I keep this blog

So I don't miss wonderful things like this:



Thanks so much to reader fanatica de peliculas for the heads-up about this beyond-delicious video. After I finished squeeing I caught my breath and prepared this quick-and-dirty translation of the voice-over. Usual caveats - it's not entirely literal, and I'm just a learner so there are probably some errors. But you get the gist.

Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar's entire family was together with them, drenched in Holi fun. Just like every year, this year's Holi celebration at their house was a great time. Several of their friends from the Bollywood world were with them sharing the Holi joy. But Shabana Azmi got into the Holi spirit even more than everyone else.

Don't feel bad - it's Holi ! Shabana Azmi and her family were saying this to everyone. Just like every year, this year Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar went all out to celebrate Holi. Many of their friends came and completely enjoyed the festival as well. The Holi colors covered Shabana Azmi beautifully. Everyone who came to this party had a very special Holi. Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar celebrated with complete abandon. And watching them, their friends could not help but join in. It made for a memorable Holi indeed.

10 comments:

fanaticadepeliculas said...

Hey!

glad to see you've put it up.. let me know if you need any help translating. My Hindi is not stellar but I'd be glad to help :)

Anonymous said...

I watched Honeymoon Travels again last evening and she is so fun in it...

I read yesterday that apparently Javed's hair is still pink from their party :-)

Anonymous said...

To write about Shabanaji, to think about Shabanaji, to read about Shabanji has been always special special and special to me. Thanks to the Blogger for such a great Blog for a great Star. Any comment any discussion about her always welcome. Me souren my mail: souren_basu@yahoo.co.in, blog: www.sourenbasu.blogspot.com

Filmi Geek said...

souren, I am delighted that you are here and enjoying SLP. How about writing a guest post? Anything you want to say about Shabana ji will be welcome - drop me an email if you'd like to contribute.

fanaticadepeliculas said...

Hey Carla,

Here is another video I found.. She isn't saying anything she hasn't already said but there is the eye candy factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mMt-3Fqd9Q&feature=related

Anonymous said...

Shabana and hubby were at the 'Shaurya' premiere:

bharatwaves

Most of the pix are on the second page.

Filmi Geek said...

Vaah, thank you piyaara! The pictures are sweet; they look nice together in white and Javed sahib is looking particularly handsome.

Good to see you here pi!

Filmi Geek said...

fanatica - thanks for the video link! I think I've posted that one before, somewhere in my archives. :) Keep 'em coming though, I definitely miss stuff and I rely on SLP's awesome readers to catch things for me!

Anonymous said...

Glad you found them of use, Carla. I agree, they make a great couple.

If I find anything else on my 'travels,' I'll post another link.

Great blog, by the way.!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!